Extinction Level Event Master Kit
A Drum library so big and explosive, it could only be categorized as an Extinction Level Event.
ELE 2.0 Update
All existing owners of Extinction Level Event will get a giant update to ELE 2.0 coming April 2023. We’re adding extra toms, extra cymbals, more snares (with three tunings each) and tons of additional features to the GUI to make it easier for you to write your music. Check out the full list above!
Additionally, we’re including a MIDI Groove library and player with improved mixing capabilities within the plugin itself, so that you can get up and running recording your riffs and writing your song as fast as possible.
Additional new features:
- Updated GUI
- More flexible MIDI mapping
- Velocity controls
- MIDI Groove library and player
- Expanded and improved mixing capabilities within the plugin (EQ and compression control, tuning, ADSR, and more)
- New artist presets
- User 1-shot kick and snare sample loading
Not All Drum Libraries Are Created Equal
Recording great sounding studio drums is difficult, tedious, and most of all: EXPENSIVE.
You need a great drummer, a fantastic room, and the right gear. Not to mention, you need to have years of experience under your belt to know how to get the best sound possible out of your drums.
The same applies to creating world-class drum libraries. While there are other drum libraries on the market, they often suffer from one (or many) of the following issues:
- Other drum libraries are often fake sounding due to a lack of dynamic layers
- They are overly processed which makes them one-dimensional
- Articulations don’t make sense in a musical context because they weren’t sampled correctly
- The interface is confusing because it wasn’t made by somebody with experience using drum libraries
- Important features such as room and overhead microphones are poorly implemented because there wasn’t enough space or the proper microphone selection
You Are In Total Control
Why is ELE so powerful? Well, to put it simply: you are in complete control of your drum sound.
Do you want full control of how the bleed interacts between the shells and cymbals? Go for it – you can tweak every single aspect of drum bleed, opting to have full bleed or having drum bleed for only certain parts of the drum kit.
What about processing? Other drum libraries already come pre-processed to a degree and you can’t do anything about it. With ELE, you can literally turn off every aspect of processing and shape your perfect drum sound from scratch.
Some drum libraries are a one-trick pony in that they do “the thing” and that’s the only “thing” they do. ELE brings realism to a whole new level and features:
- Full drum kit bleed that you have full control over
- A ridiculous number of dynamic layers, which means your ghost notes and rimshots will actually bring dynamic qualities into your music
- Tons of samples, no more annoying round-robins that are easily detectable and make it super annoying during double-bass or blast beats
- Tons of musical articulations that are actually useful so that you can create realistic hi-hat patterns, snare rudiments, and more
The realism presented in ELE allows for any style of music, from the softest dynamics found in jazz to absolute shotgun rimshots that you’ll need for heavy metal breakdowns.
Also Includes TCI Files!
When you get ELE, you not only get the Kontakt Drum Library. You will also receive Trigger2 (TCI) files of all the shells used in ELE. Allowing you to easily sample and replace recorded drums with ELE if you happen to own Trigger2.
Full Control Over Your MIDI
Do you want to create a specific drum map so you can play live on a MIDI controller? No problem. MIDI mapping is simple, easy, and fast. Within second you can totally remap the notes with ELE to fit your needs.
Additionally, you can re-route the audio outputs of ELE however you want, giving you full audio control of where you want signals to go in the DAW.
Up And Running In Seconds
Extinction Level Event runs on Kontakt Player by Native Instruments, which means it’s quick and easy to load it into your DAW.
Once loaded, you have a number of ready-to-go mix-ready presets that can get you started off with a bang. These are perfect for general songwriting or, hell, just use them in the final mix; why not!
Every page of the ELE instrument has been thoroughly designed and everything you need is literally one click of a button. No more menu diving, no more hunting for settings, less time looking for great sounding drums and more time playing with great sounding drums!
Check out Ola Englund’s video featuring Extinction Level Event – Master Kit played on an Roland V-Drum Kit.
- Apple M1, Intel Core i5, AMD Ryzen or equivalent
- 6 GB of System RAM or more is recommended
- Storage needed: 10 GB for Kontakt Player & ELE – Master Kit
- An Internet connection for one-time activation
- A graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher.
- Mac OS X 10.14 & above (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows 7 & above (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
- Kontakt Player 6 (Provided with purchase of Extinction Level Event) -or- Kontakt 6
- Native Apple Silicon Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Are updates to Extinction Level Event free?
Yes. It doesn’t matter when you buy ELE–you’ll always get free updates to the latest version. From the smallest bug fix to the biggest feature addition, you’ll be able to get updates for free and enjoy the latest and greatest version of ELE forever.
I'm not great at programming drums. How can I get the most out of ELE?
We offer a few courses over at Spectre Academy that teach you everything you need to know about making the best possible programmed drums. We highly recommend any of our drum programming courses if you want the best possible sounding drums. We even have special discounts on select courses for those who grab a copy of ELE :).
Do I need the full version of Kontakt?
No. Extinction Level Event can be used with the Kontakt Player without any loss of functionality. You do not need the full version of Kontakt! You can download it from within Native Access when you install ELE.
Will this work in my DAW?
Extinction Level Event will work in any DAW that supports the Kontakt Player. This means that if you can load a VST, VST3, AU, or AAX plugin format into your DAW – then you can use the Kontakt Player and as such, Extinction Level Event.
I bought Extinction Level Event. How do I download and Install it?
After you complete your order we will send you a license key. The download and installation are all handled via Native Access which you can download here. Once you are in Native Access, just add your key, and away you go.
What are TCI files?
TCI files are designed specifically for use within Steven Slate Trigger 2.0. They provide an easy way to accurately replace or augment existing drum tracks with accurate dynamics. So if you happen to have Trigger 2 and you want to use ELE on an existing drum performance, we have you covered! Once you complete your order, you will find them waiting for you in your account under “My Downloads.”